Enough of this "Saree-fication" !!

I encounter women, with their judging eyes, almost everyday ! scanning me head to toe for symbols like Sindoor, Bengals.. mangalsootra !! ( which, by the way,  i avoid wearing just because they make me feel so itchy and uncomfortable) ... and I fail them everyday in their efforts of making me understand the glory and the divinity behind "lowered eyes", "soft words" ...the whole "saree-fication" of a married female in our country ! ...and I can literally see the terror in their eyes of KALIYUG at their doors !!
         I encounter educated ( allow me to say pseudo-educated) men, scared as hell, watching their whole "sabhyata" being shattered down,  just because of my dressing-sense and my behavior.
         How potent i am ! an average moody girl ! that I have a whole culture dependent on my jeans ! Jokes apart ! It pains me to realize, how shallow a particular "culture/faith/religion" must be, that generations after generations its female keep trying to protect it with her Saree's pallu and still , after being so rigid on its four legs for so many decades, it feels insecure of a girl's jeans, her pajamas, her laughter, her job, her tattoo, her love, her body, her freedom... !!
         Why so insecure these people are? may be because they know too... only that, which is solid from inside will survive this storm of change knocking our doors... and something which slips over a girls breasts, waist or buttocks... I don't think stands a chance !!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prisoner of my Mind

Give a chance... To a Filthy dance !